Thursday, February 9, 2017

A letter from your teacher...


Dear Room 18 children,

How are you today? I am well - I had a lovely weekend on Great Barrier Island. Now I feel really relaxed and ready for the week.

I am very excited to be your teacher for 2017. I am looking forward to a year of learning, fun and adventure. I can’t wait to learn all about you but first of all, I will tell you a little bit about myself.

I was born in Auckland but the place I call home is Great Barrier Island. I grew up on Great Barrier and went to a small country school. There were only 12 children in my year group and we had our swimming lessons in the sea!

Much later, I went to Auckland University and did a BA and a few years later I did went back and became a teacher. After I qualified, I moved to London where I lived for 5 years. I did lots of travel while I lived there, but eventually I started missing NZ and my family too much so I came home.

I have been teaching at PCS since 2005. I have taught in Y0, Y1, Y2, Y3 and this is my fourth year in Y4. 2017 is my 3rd year as the Piwakawaka Team Leader. I had one year off being a teacher to stay at home and be a Mum but I really love teaching so I came back to work.

I live with my Mum (Mrs Rands-Trevor) and my five year old son William, and our cats Elmo and Princess. We live near the Botanic Gardens and WIlliam and I like to go for bike rides there. Other things I enjoy are reading, gardening, fishing, camping and hanging out with my friends and family.

In Rm18 we will be using Class Dojo, learning how to give peer feedback, have a new learning partner and seat every week, finding out all about growth mindset and lots more. I think we are going to have a fabulous year together and I look forward to this journey with you,

All the best,

Miss Rands-Trevor

No comments:

Post a Comment